MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, a global leader in high performance electronics materials, will exhibit its latest interconnect solutions and present five papers at the SMTA International Expo and Conference taking place October 31 – November 3 at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Minneapolis, MN.
A team of MacDermid Alpha experts will be presenting five papers discussing a range of solutions and materials designed to meet the demands of critical applications within automotive, telecommunication, and high-power LED assemblies. The materials covered by their research include: next generation low temperature and high reliability solder pastes and edgebond materials, the evaluation of polymer materials in combination with no-clean solder paste, advances in plating for connector press-fit applications, bio-based encapsulation resins and potting compounds, plus, leadframe chemistries for die attach.
The titles of the technical papers scheduled for presentation are as follows:
- Next Generation High Reliability Solder for Automotive Applications,
Pritha Choudhury, Tuesday, November 1, 8:30 AM
- Direct Metallization for the Printed Circuit Boards Manufacturing,
Leslie Kim, Thursday, November 3, 8:00 AM
- Expandable Bio-based Polymers: A Lightweight Future for Electronics Ruggedization, Beth Turner, Thursday, November 3, 11:00 AM
- Reliability performance of fourth generation low temperature solder alloys in homogeneous and hybrid solder joints, Morgana Ribas, Thursday, Nov 3, 1:30 PM
- Process and Chemical Reliability Requirements in Matching Reinforcement Materials with Solder Paste Flux Residue, Westin Bent, Thursday, November 3, 3:30 PM
In addition, MacDermid Alpha will promote its innovative portfolio of metallization and electronics assembly technologies in Booth 1018. Featured products include the Electrolube and HiTech brands of polymer solutions engineered to meet the requirements for high reliability and protection for increasingly complex circuit boards, coupled with the drive towards miniaturization. MacDermid Alpha will also showcase its latest development in the Alpha brand of solder paste technology, ALPHA OM-565 HRL3, a low temperature solder paste which enhances electro-chemical performance over and above existing low melt point solders. This paste enables a reduction in peak reflow down to 175°C in order to mitigate common warpage induced defects such as Head-in-Pillow and Non-Wet-Open to improve assembly yields.
For additional information about the latest products and technologies from MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions stop by Booth 1018 or visit MacDermidAlpha.com.