Saki Corporation, an innovator in the field of automated optical and x-ray inspection and measurement equipment, introduces Saki Self-Programming Software, the first self-programming software for solder paste inspection (SPI) and automated optical inspection (AOI) equipment. Saki Self-Programming (SSP) software, installed on Saki’s 3D SPI and 3D AOI systems, makes programming fast, easy, and doesn’t require any special programming skill or training. All you need is the Gerber and centroid CAD data. The software does the rest.
Saki Self-Programming is a seamless system that doesn’t require DFM software. It combines technology that captures complete height and XY data and images while simultaneously scanning multiple fields of view. The ability to select from over 300,000 components from Saki’s Golden Library offers unlimited possibilities. In a matter of minutes, with just a few clicks, SPI/AOI inspection data can be programmed automatically, using a defined set of standards and criteria, such as naming, orientation, and parameters, as those recognized by IPC standards for AOI and SPI systems. This removes the programming discrepancies and variations that arise when programming is done by different programmers.
With Saki Self-Programming, one program can be used for all your inspection systems-SPI, pre-reflow, and post-reflow. There is no need to program each machine separately. The inspection program can be generated without first preparing a golden printed circuit board. This especially saves time for businesses that are primarily based on New Product Introduction and those with customers requesting high-mix/low-volume production with short delivery time. Furthermore, since the Offline Debug Function allows fine-tuning to be done remotely without stopping the production line, the time for the user to work with the inspection equipment is minimized.
“Until now, the accuracy of the inspection process depended not just on the inspection system itself, but on the skill level, characteristics, abilities, standardization, and procedures followed by the programmer,” said Satoshi Otake, general manager, SAKI Americas. “Saki Self-Programming Software eliminates the variables of the programmers and their programming procedures.”
“Saki Self-Programming is the first self-programming software in the industry. It not only automates programming, but also the calibration of the machine, diagnostics, maintenance, inspection, data collection, and extensive reporting functions,” explained Sakie (Jodie) Akiyama, president and co-founder of Saki Corporation. “True M2M communication can’t happen without it. Software drives the communication in machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and is an enabler for the SMART Factory and Industry 4.0. Saki Self-Programming Software is part of Saki’s SMART initiative. To really make SMART and M2M work, we need SMART machines, a SMART factory, and a SMART company.”
Saki Self-Programming Software improves process quality and control, ensures a defect-free product, and enhances Industry 4.0/M2M communication with the following features:
- There is no longer a need for a Golden or Silver Board to prepare the inspection program. Since the inspection program can be completed without the Golden board, inspection library fine-tuning is enough.
- An Offline Debug Function allows fine-tuning without stopping the production line.
- A solder inspection algorithm with unique 2D/3D hybrid technology automatically recognizes the defect type and distinguishes it from other solder defects.
- Optical Character Verification shows thumbnails of the components.
- An Inspection Preset quickly and easily skips between different processes.
- Self-diagnostics and self-alignment with both time-based and condition-based maintenance. This ensures consistent machine performance and maintains absolute accuracy.
- A calibration status report enables the system to output calibration results.
See Saki at SMTA International in the Fuji America Booth 407.