The fully enclosed Raspberry Pi 400 desktop computer offers industry-leading performance, and power efficiency, and is available in six language variants.
Farnell, an Avnet Company and global distributor of electronic components, products and solutions, has today announced the availability of the new-to-market Raspberry Pi 400 desktop computer. Available in ready-to-use kit form, the competitively priced Raspberry Pi 400 is an ideal desktop computer for use in the home or education. Raspberry Pi 400 can also be purchased on its own for use in industrial and commercial applications including point-of-sale terminals and thin clients.
Raspberry Pi 400 kit integrates the keyboard and electronic components into a fully-enclosed compact unit, and offers a clock speed of 1.8GHz, 20% higher than Raspberry Pi. The kitted variants comprise a Raspberry Pi 400, pre-programmed SD card, power supply, mouse, Beginner’s Guide and micro HDMI cable; all that is required to start using Raspberry Pi 400 is a television monitor.
The Raspberry Pi 400 provides high performance and a rich feature, including:
- Processor: a 28nm Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 64-bit processor clocked at 1.8GHz, offering industry-leading performance and power efficiency.
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4-3200 RAM, and a micro SD card slot for operating system, application and data storage.
- Connectivity: dual-band 802.11ac wireless networking delivering real-world data rates of more than 100Mbps, Gigabit Ethernet, and Bluetooth 5.1. The two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports can be used to connect a wide range of peripherals.
- Multimedia: two micro-HDMI ports, supporting up to 4Kp60.
- Interfacing: customers can easily integrate Raspberry Pi 400 into embedded designs using the horizontal 40-Pin GPIO header.
Raspberry Pi 400 is available in six keyboard languages for the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and North America.
Lee Turner, Global Head of Semiconductors and SBC at Farnell, said: “We are delighted to bring the innovative Raspberry Pi 400 to our customers. It provides all the functionality of a desktop computer in a small footprint, and at an affordable price point. While Raspberry Pi 4 broke barriers in its versatility for use as a desktop PC, Raspberry Pi 400 puts this computing power in an attractive and user-friendly package, making it an ideal desktop PC solution for everyone. This is a game-changing product and is a real contender in providing affordable desktop devices as well as fast-to-market embedded solutions.”
Farnell is the largest manufacturer and distributor of the Raspberry Pi and has sold more than 15 million units to date. Farnell stocks all versions of the Raspberry Pi single board computer enabling customers to build a wide range of devices for home, professional, education or commercial use. A diverse ecosystem of accessories is available including cases, power supplies, micro HDMI cables and the new-to-market Raspberry Pi High Resolution Camera. Customers can also benefit from 24/5 technical support alongside free access to valuable online resources on the Farnell website, and engineering and maker community, element14.