The following technical papers from Indium Corporation experts will be featured:
- Voiding Control at High-Power Die-Attach Preform Soldering by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee, Vice President of Technology; Dr. Arnab Dasgupta, Research Chemist; and Elaina Zito
- Ultra-Low Voiding Halogen-Free No-Clean Lead-Free Solder Paste for Large Pads by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee
- Pressure-less Silver Sintering Paste for Low Porosity Joint and Large Area Die-Attach by Dr. Ning-Cheng Lee; Dr. Sihai Chen, Research Chemist; and Christine LaBarbera, SEM Specialist
- Minimizing Voiding in SMT Assembly of Bottom Terminated Components by Dr. Ron Lasky, Senior Technologist, and Christopher Nash, PCBA New Product Development Manager
- Materials to Mitigate Voiding in Electronics by Dr. Lasky
- The Versatile Solder Preform by Edward Briggs, Senior Technical Support Engineer
- A Unique Heating/Reflow Technique to Minimize Solder Paste-Induced Voiding Under LEDs by Derrick Herron, Technical Support Engineer; and John Mathurin and Charlie Wilkinson of Ansen Corporation
- Reservoir Printing in Deep Cavities by Brook Sandy-Smith, Technical Support Engineer for PCB Assembly Materials; and Dr. Phani Vallabhajosyula, Dr. William Coleman, and Karl Pfluke of Photo Stencil LLC
- DFx on High Density Assemblies by Jonas Sjoberg, Technical Manager for Asia; Christopher Nash; David Sbiroli, Technical Manager, Global Accounts; and Wisdom Qu, Area Tech Manager, Eastern China
- Printing Capability Study of 008004 Components for SiP Application – Part 2 by Kenneth Thum, Senior Technical Support Engineer; Wisdom Qu; Sze Pei Lim, Semiconductor Product Manager – Southeast Asia; Jonas Sjoberg; and Fiona Chen, Bench Chemist.
Indium Corporation experts will also serve as chairs for six technical sessions, including:
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track – Session FSA1 – Flux: Eric Bastow, Assistant Technical Manager, Americas Region
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track – Session FSA3 – Adhesive/Underfill – Part Two: Derrick Herron
- Harsh Environments Symposium – Session HE4 – Reliability of Lead-free Interconnects Subjected to Harsh Testing Conditions – Part Two: Tim Jensen, Product Manager for Engineered Solders Materials
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track – Session FSA4 – Solder – Part One: Joanna Keck, Research Technician
- Flux, Solder, Adhesives Track – Session FSA5 – Solder – Part Two: Erin Costello, Research Technician
- Lead-free Symposium – Session LF2 – Special Session & Panel: BTC Void Reduction for Yield and Performance Enhancement: Brook Sandy-Smith
Additionally, Dr. Lasky will serve on a panel discussion about voiding.
SMTAI is a world-class electronics manufacturing conference and exhibition organized by the SMTA — the world’s leading user group for surface mount and companion technologies. The conference provides high-quality technical information and networking opportunities.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, thermal management, and solar markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, Indium has global technical support and factories located in China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.