Analog Devices, Inc. has announced a series of quadband voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs) that offer wideband capabilities without compromising phase noise performance. When used in today’s RF and microwave environments, the new quadband VCOs offer a wider RF response and more frequency flexibility than narrowband VCOs. They also provide lower phase noise than traditional single-band wideband VCOs, while continuing to provide low current consumption. These features enable faster time to market for the end applications.
- View the quadband VCO product pages, download data sheets and order samples: http://www.analog.com/HMC8074
- Learn more about ADI’s VCOs: https://www.analog.com/en/products/rf-microwave/vcos-plos.html
The quadband VCO series offers ultra-wideband capabilities with fundamental frequencies ranging from 8.3GHz to 26.6GHz. In addition to providing low phase noise, the VCOs do not generate sub-harmonic frequency tones. This combination of wideband capability and low phase noise is essential in many of today’s high-end instrumentation and aerospace and defence applications.
Quadband VCO Features and Benefits
- Integrate fundamental oscillators, resulting in no sub-harmonic tones being generated by any multiplication effects in the device
- Short switching time between VCO bands without voltage overshoot
- Low supply current consumption (as low as 60mA Typ)
- Lower tuning voltage than traditional single-band Wideband VCOs, and narrower sensitivity versus frequency, reducing the complexity of the loop filter design
- Encapsulated in a small 40-lead 6x6mm LFCSP SMT package.
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Availability||Price Each per 1,000 Units||Packaging|
|HMC8074||Now||$85.87||40-Ld 6x6mm QFN package|
|HMC8362||Now||$99.27||40-Ld 6x6mm QFN package|
|HMC8364||Now||$157.93||40-Ld 6x6mm QFN package|